Diving Control Board (DCB)
- New Applicant for Scientific Diver
- Dive Safety Plan Submission and Approval
- Once Dives are complete
New Applicant for Scientific Diver
- Read the Scientific Diving Portal User Manual . User creates an account on the KAUST scientific diving portal.
- User's PI approves, or rejects user access to the system.
- Diver complete all required training, medical clearance, reads the Dive Safety Manual and uploads required documents. For scheduling medical clearance, contact email@example.com.
- Diver schedule checkout dive as directed by the DSO.
- DSO reviews/requires modification(s) to the diver records and documents.
- Once approved, the diver gets an automatic email from the portal and can be added to a dive plan.
Dive Safety Plan Submission and Approval
- PI or Plan Manager creates Dive Safety Plan on the Scientific Diving Portal.
Note: Only PI’s and dive plan manager’s can submit a dive plan on the Scientific Diving Portal. The plan manager status is reserved for senior divers on the research team. If your PI wishes to make you a plan manager, please have them email Research Compliance.
- PI or Plan manager add approved divers to the plan.
- DSO reviews/requires modification(s) to the plan.
- Non standard plan reviewed by DCB.
- Once approved, the diver gets automatic email from the portal and can go dive. If you do not wish to be part of the plan, please have the dive plan manager edit the plan and remove you. Otherwise, you will be required to log dives (or did not dive) against the plan.
Once Dives are complete
- Once the dive is complete, the diver/snorkeler must submit a dive log on the portal.
Note: If you are listed on a dive plan but did not dive, you must submit a log stating “did not dive”.
- DSO reviews/requires modification(s) to the dive log.
- DSO approves the dive log.
Checkout Dive Form
Dive Safety Manual Receipt Form
Medical Evaluations for Divers
Medical Evaluation Form
Medical Evaluation Overview for Physician
KAUST Snorkeling Medical Declaration and Experience
Letter of Reciprocity (LOR)
Diving Reciprocity Form